Wednesday, 15 August 2007

Why?

Why am I doing this? I don't have enough hours in the day as it is, and when my Ravelry invite arrives there'll be even less...well, I suppose I want to use this as a sort of diary, a place to note down ideas, and things I'm working on, and use it as somewhere to store things that inspire me. Maybe even talk a little about life generally too. There'll probably be pictures of our garden too.

So who am I? Well, I'm an artist, craftsman, maker of things, painter, potter, knitter, quilter, crocheter, cook, gardener, wife, lover of music, ancient history, cricket, reading, canals and dogs, hater of football, stupid people, blinkered people, people generally in fact, especially in quantity, I loathe reality TV, curry, drunkenness and the mindless destruction of old things, love architecture and churches but hate organised religion, would describe myself as a sort of Pagan-Druid-Spiritualist if I had to state my beliefs, I get misty-eyed at the sound of the bagpipes or a really good blues guitar (thankyou Snowy), I am probably slightly unhinged, but not in a particularly dangerous way, and I love drinking tea. I'm married, no kiddies (yet!) and have a very understanding husband. He needs to be.

1 comment:

molvisab said...

randomly came across your website. you sound like a tortured soul (much like me, the full time job, the notes to self, and a head teeming with ideas). Just wanted to say your work is cute. like a kistch take on granny:)