Monday 1 October 2007

Oops

Can't believe it's been a week since my last post. I am a very bad blogger. So what's been happening? Well, the Scarf of Doom has finally been finished off, I just need to block it and then there will be pictures. I'll edit this post later (i.e. when I'm not at work) and put in piccies.

The Cursed Scarf of Doom blocking


I've been learning to knit in the round on four needles. My mum, with the patience of a saint, has passed on the dark art to me, and I am practicing. Nearly got it, just need to try not to twist the cast-on and I'm there. I did manage at one point to only have three needles on the go, I blame this totally on a rather nice Merlot and watching "The World's Greatest Elvis" on the telly. I would like you to know that I don't normally watch this type of thing, but I watched it by accident last weekend and found it hilarious and strangely compelling at the same time. The chap I earmarked last week in fact won as well, so I feel quite pleased about that.


I partook in some Stash Enrichment. (again piccies hopefully later if I can get the colours looking right.) 3 balls of Sirdar Juniper for a lovely scarf, I've been hankering after some ever since I saw it, so I treated myself.
I also placed my first order with Get Knitted, for some more Kimono Angora (and a pattern fell into my basket as well, for the Troika shawl...ahem) and what a fab experience I had. Ordered at about 10.30am on the Thursday, by the time I got home on Friday there was my parcel, sturdily wrapped with the yarn in a ziplock bag inside another plastic posting envelope-y bag, and the pattern in a plastic pocket inside a card-backed envelope, also in the plastic envelope-y bag. Perfect condition, and I also got a lolly and a pen as well! (I was singularly impressed by this. It's the little things in life that make the difference.) Super fast delivery (normal first class, nothing special) beautifully and sensibly packaged and a little freebie to boot. Needless to say they will no doubt be getting lots more of business from me, as soon as my bank account has recovered from holidays (gulp.) Naming no names, but this is such a difference from the disappointing service I had from a very large internet yarn supplier - a month to deliver some Rowan yarn.

I've been dyeing some more of the itchy Aran, I've decided it's probably going to become an Adult Surprise Jacket for me. I certainly don't want it next to my skin! I've experimented with using turmeric for dyeing, and had much better results than I expected - a lovely muted golden-yellow. It works interestingly when overdyed with food colour and / or Dylon as well.



I've been flat out at work as well, which has not pleased me greatly. I feel like Sisyphus rolling his rock up the hill. I finish one lot, and three more have arrived. Oh well, keeps me in work I guess.

I've also had a rethink on the Granny Present. I felt the throw / blankie I was making was too stiff and not snuggly enough, so I'm doing a stash crochet afghan in rainbow stripes. I'm just about to start the green stripe, it's looking pretty cool if I say so myself. I might do another for us!

No comments: