Tuesday 13 July 2010

Even more Tour

2010-07-13

and I got a lovely (free) fleece from the neighbours - a purebred Texel ewe, which is huge, and I also bought a Balwen on eBay. I'm gonna be a busy girl...
I gifted my lovely neighbours the two small skeins of BFL - after all, they gave me the fleece. The lady of the house can knit, so maybe the shepherd will have a warm hat for the winter :-)

---

I've started spinning that amazing batt from ArtemisArtemis, pictured above. It really is lovely, there's some fabulous textures and subtle colours in there. Here's a shot of it opened up (in fact, there's two separate thin batts):

005

There's wool, sparkle, locks, sari silk, and something that could be bamboo, could be Tencel, could even be a shiny cotton :-) It's spinning up a treat, quite finely as well which is unusual for a textured batt. Very happy!

I'm still knitting, the Traveling Woman shawl in one of Lilith's yarns - a 100% merino superwash sock weight in "Jasper" if I haven't told you already.

Oh and here, just for the hell of it, is a gratuitous spindle beauty shot - any wobbly edges are due to my hurried Paint Shop Pro-ing to get rid of the very distracting background:

spindle bouquet

The big one at the bottom is the Forrester. It's a bit heavy for me really but was too beautiful to leave behind :-)
The blue one is a resin whorl from Jesh
The red-orange flower is from butterflygirldesigns and is Murano glass;
The brassy-coloured one at the back is my beloved Golding Ringspindle
and finally at the top we have a lovely Banksia spindle from Kevin Rhodes.

No comments: