Friday 18 April 2008

Can I have my life back please?

Jeez. Still more stuff going on in your correspondent's life that she could TOTALLY. DO. WITHOUT. if you know what I mean. Mind you, it could have been a hell of a lot worse. Anyhoo. Just so y'all know blogging is still down the priority list a bit.

Good stuff: I joined the Scottish Youth Hostels Association with the intention of spending some more time up there, but on a bit of a budget. I'm toying with trying to visit every hostel, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon ;-) I'm leafing through the little booklet, oohing and aahing over all the places I could go. What's the betting I don't go to any??? Probably come over all shy and scared about travelling on my own. Pillock.

I have obtained a sewing machine! *gulp* It's actually my granny's, but as she's 92 her eyes aren't what they once were, so she hasn't used it for years, so I've got it on loan. It's probably older than me, but after some fiddling and oiling, it's working pretty good. (I've not tried filling a bobbin yet, that may be a problem...) It's a Singer 514, I'll take a piccy later. It HAS reminded me that I am crap at sewing, and really need to buck my ideas up. It's really not hard, and I need to make cases for my crochet hooks and knitting needles. I did knock something together, but it was so irredeemably awful I'm not showing it to you. I'll have another go over the weekend hopefully.

Well, that'd best be it for now, I'm at work and I'm up to my earholes, so time to go and earn a crust...

No comments: