Tuesday 29 April 2008

An Apology

Right. Explanation time I think. I'll keep it brief as, well, its personal stuff, but to cut a long story short I'm getting divorced. Don't be alarmed, I'm not going to go all Crazy Aunt Purl and start directing traffic in my nightie or talking into my bra on public transport. It's all nice and amicable, and I'm hoping it stays that way. This means I shall come out worse off financially than him, but that's because he's sunk a lot more money into things than I have (because he could) If I made things awkward I would possibly get more, but I want to be able to look myself in the eye in the mirror, you know? If however, he decides not to play nice, I shall of course put on my Bitch Queen From Hell hat and rampage through the shared finances like a money-sucking tornado. :-)

Anyhoo, what all this means is eventually, once I have consulted the evil money-disappearing device known as a solicitor and things are happening, I shall be looking for somewhere to live, which means more upheaval (but I can choose my own furniture *grin* ) I will need to rent, which doesn't please me hugely, but it means I can stay in my current job until the project finishes without tying myself down too much and then...

I'm moving to Scotland.

I don't know whereabouts or when, it all depends on having work to go to, but it's going to happen this time. It has to, for the sake of my sanity if nothing else.

Send cardboard boxes and a skip. I need to declutter...

No comments: