Tuesday 29 April 2008

Catch-Up Time

Well, now I got the previous post off my chest, it's time to catch up with happier stuff. Firstly, shopping :-) I've succumbed to the lure of the Must-Have Cardigan and the Urban Aran (Ravelry links) courtesy of the Harlot and Brooklyntweed. So I've been swatching a few yarns...







The last one is the aran from New Lanark Mills, and very nice it is too. It's currently favourite, I like the "woolliness" of it, it's coming out spot-on for gauge and the colour is delicious. It's also the cheapest!!! I'm just waiting for one more delivery of another yarn before I commit myself to an order. I've never knit an aran before, though I've done a teeny bit of cabling, and I'll be trying it out without a cable needle. Eek.

Of course, a new project could only mean one thing (apart from new yarn that is) - new needles! And, after much cogitating and doing of sums and hankering after Lantern Moon straights (not so struck on their circs though) common sense prevailed and...



nom nom nom. Knitpicks Options, from Get Knitted (where else???) and they're lovely. I was tempted to the wooden ones, but decided to go with these and I've no regrets. They're just right for pointiness, slippyness and the cables are AMAZINGLY good. I picked up a couple of extra tips and cables while I was at it.

As promised, here's the vintage sewing machine. As anticipated, after the initial flurry I've not touched the poor girl, but I'm plotting new needle and hook cases, especially after seeing what people are charging for them *gulp*




Lastly, I had a stash sort-out and reorganise. Considering the current situation, I think it was a good idea...







It's a lot more compact now and a carrier bag full went to my Mum. That's the start of the decluttering...

No comments: