Wednesday 1 October 2008

Queen of the Stone Age

oops, can't believe it's been so long since I posted. Well, I have been a bit busy. Winter is on its way and it's gonna be FREEZING in this house I reckon. Well, it would be, if it wasn't for this:



That is my piece of Stone Age technology. Well, Iron Age actually. And do you know what? It's great. Apart from the regular feeding, which when you have to go out in the howling maelstrom to fetch fuel, saw logs and chop kindling, is no mean feat, it's a dream. Toasty warm. It just takes up rather a lot of time to look after it...and my fingernails may never be the same again, let me tell you. Oh and I have coal dust in all sorts of unexpected places (like up my nose.) However the 500kg of fuel I ordered is going down at an alarming rate...

I have had another success (and cause of bloggus interruptus):



Oh, the wonders of IKEA. Finally my CDs and DVDs are off the floor, and my books are onto a shelf that can actually (just about) bear the weight ;-)

And no, I didn't do this all by myself...for starters how do you think I could fit a 2m+ high shelf unit in my car, hmmm? A very nice little elf did most of the work, so mmmmwwwwwaaaaah big kiss thank you!

All this lovely new shelfiness means that the other shelves are fairly empty so I can put out my ornaments (when I ship them up here) and excess yarn / works in progress etc. on there. This means I may be able to see the lounge floor sometime before Christmas which would be nice.

And yes, there has been knitting. More woolly hats for the Mission to Seafarers, and I've started this:



answers on a postcard as to what it is...and no sneaky checking on Ravelry either ;-) I took this along to my first ever Knit Night in the village yesterday, which was jolly fun and I shall hopefully be attending regularly from now on. It was a nice change to get out of an evening, I'm normally about as sociable as a shark on acid, other than carefully selected companions, but the company of yarn people is always pleasant so I think I can cope with that level of sociability. Once a week. Rest of the time I'm back in my true hermit colours...suits me just fine.

What else to say? Work is as usual, I'm limiting the yarn intake successfully and watching the purse strings (gotta watch that credit crunch, y'know?) which seems ok so far. I did buy some more DPNs, and I want to get Vogue Knitting and Interweave Crochet, but other than that I'm going to be good, I need to pay myself back for all the stuff I've shelled out on the house! Oh, I need to sort out a sofa, but that's an ongoing project and if I have to buy one, IKEA do a nice one for about £250. As long as no-one is expecting posh Xmas pressies that should be fine ;-)

Right, that's me, I need to go and have some dinner and check the range. Later folks

~*~

1 comment:

shula said...

that stove is bloody fantastic.