Wednesday 2 September 2009

New Direction

Looking WEST
Color: Blue
Material: Glass
Season: Autumn
Element: Water

Time for a new Project Spectrum Cardinal Direction!

I must admit, I have been something of a bad PS follower. I was very taken with the Green, which was first, and really got stuck on that one.

NORTH (March/April)
Color: Green
Material: Stones/Gems/Rocks
Season: Winter
Element: Earth

The whole combination of colour and material really floats my boat. I have SO MANY photographs of rocks it is unbelievable, and I also have a strong interest in crystals and minerals so it worked for me on a lot of levels (and still is working to be honest.) However, PS isn't a race, and it has made me go and look around more, take photos and generally stop and smell the flowers, which has to be good, yes?

EAST (May/June)
Color: Yellow
Material: Wood
Season: Spring
Element: Air

I really struggled with Yellow. Poor yellow, its actually a lovely colour and so happy and cheerful, but I find it SO HARD to work with in quantity. I settled on some photography, and I did spin on a wooden spindle, so I guess that counts :-) I would like to put together some photo collages, and hopefully learn to get on with yellow a bit better! I might explore the material a bit more as well. I live in an area well-blessed with beautiful trees.

SOUTH (July/August)
Color: Red
Material: Metal
Season: Summer
Element: Fire

I never really started South! I was too busy being outside, enjoying the odd fragments of summer that we've had here (very few - wettest August on record!) I guess chopping logs counts as Fire, and probably metal (axe) as well :-) I do have some lovely red lambswool / angora worsted-ish weight that I bought on the Isle of Skye last year, which would make a lovely cardigan, so that's on the list. Maybe a February Lady Sweater.

*****************************

I am currently going through a Jane Thornley phase. I've nearly finished my first wrap, and am plotting about a dozen more things. Actually, these would be very appropriate for PS, as you can use whatever yarn takes your fancy. Hmmm. There's an idea. Excuse me while I go shop the stash...

~*~

No comments: