Thursday, 10 December 2009

A Small Epiphany

I realised something tonight whilst flaked on the sofa knitting my Dad's Christmas hat. There are people in my life who actually would prefer not to have a handknit / hand-crocheted / handwoven item for Christmas. This is not an insult to my knitterly abilities, merely that they don't really wear scarves / mittens / sweaters or whatever, and in fact a £10 gift card for the Disney Store or a warm plaid shirt would go down much better.

You know what this means?

It means I nearly finished my Christmas knitting.

It means I have to go shopping now which is a bind, but as the lovely new purse I bought yesterday is an Epic Fail (money falls out of it) I need to go back into town anyway.

It means I will have more time, and can probably weave both my parents new scarves, which they will appreciate.

It means I might make some progress on the Must-Have Cardigan. If the stars align that is.

Wow.

~*~

No comments: