Thursday 20 October 2011

October - in pictures (mainly)

Lynton and Lynmouth, Devon:

092

I am rather proud of the above photo, taken without a tripod but I managed to capture the movement of the water. Smug Mode Activated. (I balanced the camera on the bridge railing and held my breath ☺)

We stopped here on the way:

045

just managing to get round before the three coaches of students arrived. 

There were people feeling the vibes (I didn't get any. I think they got used up):

035

and this crazy man kept taking pictures of me ☺

038

Arriving in Devon, we walked on the (very rocky) beach

050

rode on the cliff railway:

068

(very cool)
I saw a great sign:

070

and I may have bought some yarn...

but it didn't come from this chap:
109

(Valley of the Rocks)

We stopped off in Dunster, and this is the Yarn Market, dating from 1590. I approved most mightily. Dunster needs a yarn shop I think.

159


and that was Devon. Well, a tiny bit of it anyway ☺

We've also been back to Castle Combe for the Mr's birthday, and saw lots of this sort of thing:

DSCF0041

DSCF0046

DSCF0032

and I had a bit of trouble navigating the car parking field:

DSCF0001


In other news,  I'm progressing on the February Lady Sweater, hexapuff production has slowed but is still ongoing, and I just cast on for a new project. Because I'm a sucker for punishment.

~♥~

No comments: