Saturday 14 April 2012

14th April 2012

I signed up for the Ravelympics again ☺ Sucker for punishment here, I just have to remember that last time I was a) living alone and b) unemployed, so I can't really use that as a guideline for how much I get done!

Anyway, down here in the valley we've run out of heating oil (whoops, the sightglass was stuck), ended up with a new hot water tank and have a pair of resident ducks moved in. This means that cats are out of the question at the moment - along with the ducks we have green woodpeckers and three species of owl!

Of course now we have no heating the weather has turned back into winter and it's bloody freezing :-(  The oil is so expensive we went for the "delivery sometime in the next two weeks" option...that might have been a miscalculation!

Here are the ducks, with their new best friend:

IMAG0423

We had a barbecue, and it was perishing:

IMAG0418

(we ate indoors!)

And here is my Sewing Disaster:

IMAG0419

Looks okay, right?

IMAG0420

That's a pair of jeans that fit me.

IMAG0422

They're a bit on the big side. That's a Medium. I've now learned that a lot of patterns don't just run a bit large, they are truly immense. Lesson learned ☺ I've parked the trouser project until I know what I'm going to do about it (maybe re-cut them smaller, or just put in new side seams) In the meantime I'm working on my quilt top (no pictures as I had to pick it up off the kitchen floor so Steve could cook) and knitting hexapuffs again ☺

~♥~

No comments: