Tuesday 13 November 2007

Look! Knitting!

Yes, I have been knitting some, as well as buying infeasibly large amounts of yarn.

Proof:


The Autumn Shawl is moving on nicely. Lots of mindless garter stitch, but it's quick, easy and feels like it will drape nice and be quite toasty.



The Soul-Sucking Garter Stitch Scarf is completed. Thank the Goddess. Here's another view of it, cos, hey, I know how y'all get excited by garter stitch scarves.



The Crochet Shell Scarf for the Mother-in-Law (Sirdar Blur):



It's now got a fringe and a fancy edge on the ends.

Uncle No.1's Scarf:



and I've started the Granny-in-Law's One-Skein Scarf (Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino):



See? I do knit. However, I Never Want To Knit Another Scarf In My Life. I have a desperate urge to knit a sweater. A nice, cosy, preferably tweedy (thankyou Jared, for turning me into a total tweed-head), plain sweater that will keep me warm at work.

I have a confession. I have been knitting again for, ooh, a year? I have not yet knitted a sweater. Not even a sleeveless one. I am feeling something of a failure, a fake even.

So what am I doing about it? I'm finishing the Xmoose knitting first. More Scarves.

Sometimes, I make myself sick...

PS. You should all (if you haven't already) go read Franklin's blog. I'll wait. This is what is currently keeping me sane at work - he's got a BIG archive to get through, and I'm reading in bite-sized morsels in between having to do some pesky work. I have a soft spot for male knitters. :) Especially ones who are also fabby photographers and cartoonists too.

PPS I crocheted in public! Yay me! Waiting at the optician and the dentist. Got quite a bit done as well, and only two curious looks. Poor husband is nearly £1000 lighter after the trip though - glasses for me and him, and both of us need fillings too. Ack.

No comments: