Tuesday 20 November 2007

Peacocks and Planes

Oops. It's been nearly a week since I was last here. I really must try harder. Anyhow, thankyou very much to those who commented regarding the Evil Pixies. It is a small comfort to know that I am not the only one plagued by one of the little horrors. And no, the pens have not turned up. I'm not impressed at all.

Anyway, what's been happening chez Knotty? Xmas shopping has officially started (Oh God), but I was more taken with the decorations:



and the table layouts:



Peacocks at Christmas. We like very much indeed. I'm plotting a commando raid immediately after the holidays to snap up as much as I can afford in the sale - ready for next Christmas!

Sunday was a trip to RAF Cosford, to the Museum there. It snowed. I'm not saying any more on the subject of the weather, other than an airfield is possibly not the brightest place to be in a snowstorm.

This is the business bit of a Vulcan bomber. The bomb bay. You can stand under it.



Although I'm not really into planes at all, it made quite an interesting afternoon.

I realised on the Saturday evening that:

a) I was going to an airfield and it was likely to be bloody cold and windy +
b) I had an urge to make something peacock-coloured (wonder why?)+
c) I had just got a free set of 20mm needles with Let's Knit! magazine +

= I need a new scarf.

By mid-morning Sunday, I had:





That's it for now folks, I just realised it's quarter to nine and I've had no dinner...

No comments: