Tuesday 4 August 2009

Me and my Big Mouth

Well, so much for not going anywhere or buying any yarn this month :-) The ink was still wet on August when I found myself down in Dumfries and Galloway, and wandering around Castle Douglas (which is very nice btw. Good food.) And lo! I found a yarn shop. I have a special talent for it, it would appear. Outback Yarns, they're in an art shop on the high street, and I recommend them highly. Alongside the Sirdar and Patons usual suspects, they stock a remarkable range of Rowan, a good selection of Noro, Regia, Twilleys, Trekking XXL, Adriafil and Araucania. Lovely. I escaped with two skeins of Araucania Ranco Multy and a couple of Noro Kureyon sock, as I cannot leave Noro on the shelf. They also have sewing goodies and a very good range of art materials, if your interests run that way :-)







Mmmmm, Kureyon Sock. The sock knitting thing is starting to bite. It had to eventually I suppose...

As an aside, Dumfries and Galloway is really nice. I'm used to the more rugged landscape further north, but D&G has a different sort of appeal. It's more gentle and rolling, and there are far more trees. The Solway coast is quite remarkable as well, amazing cliffs and lots of teeny islands. I'll show you some pictures in another post, I've not organised them all yet.

Now, if you'll excuse me, something has just fallen out of my ear piercing hole. I need to go and investigate.

~*~

No comments: